Warning: Spoilers Ahead

Since the discussed shows have already aired and have been online for a few days, we are comfortable including spoilers in our posts. This is not a review but rather a discussion site, and what discussion is complete if only part of the show is up for grabs?


Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Terminator 206: The Tower is Tall but the Fall is Short



I had stopped watching Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles after a few episodes in Season 1 because Ms. Connor was just too mopey. I missed the tough Linda Hamilton. Sure, Lena Headey is eye candy, but that's never what I loved about Sarah Connor. John Connor was much too emo, too. I had decided that cute, little Summer Glau wasn't enough to keep me a fan.

Last night, though, I wanted to watch something "new." I had heard good things about this show. I didn't really trust those "good things" though, since the accolades came even when I wasn't enjoying the show. Still, I gave the latest online episode a shot.

So many pleasant surprises! Brian Austin Green plays John's uncle and Kyle's brother, Derek Reese, and he's come a long way since 90210--he no longer looks like he's trying too hard to be cool. Shirley Manson plays a T-1000 (I am assuming that's her model) trying to connect with the child of the woman whose body she is imitating. Cameron has an amazing fight with another terminator, which ends up with the other terminator being Kama Sutra'ed out. This was far more exciting than I remember, so I'm giving season 2 a try.

No comments:

Buy episodes now to avoid the wait